Magnet BallsŪ Manipulative Magnet SetsHazard:
When two or more magnets are swallowed, they can link together inside a child's intestines and clamp onto body tissues, causing intestinal obstructions, perforations, sepsis and death. Internal injury from magnets can pose serious lifelong health effects.
SCS Direct; toll-free at (888) 749-1387, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday. Consumers can also email the firm at firstname.lastname@example.org.Report an Incident Involving this Product
This recall involves all Magnet BallsŪ The Original and Rainbow Bright interactive magnet sets sold in a cylindrical silver tin. Each puzzle set contains 216 spherical high-powered magnets that are 5mm in diameter. The magnets were sold in silver and multi-color sets.
No incidents or injuries have been reported to SCS Direct. CPSC has received 80 reports of incidents involving ingestion of other high powered magnets, resulting in 79 reports seeking medical intervention.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled magnets and contact SCS Direct for instructions on returning the product for a $20 store credit.
Amazon.com from August 2010 through May 2012 for about $20.
SCS Direct Inc., of Stratford, Conn